Convert to Islam To Get A Principled Life
Discipline. How’s that for a dirty word. You might say calling discipline a ‘dirty’ word might be a bit extreme. You would also be wrong. The truth is, in our modern world, we want our pizzas delivered in a few minutes or it’s free. We want to click on software links online and get free software. In fact, given the huge rise in torrent and pirate sites online, the argument could be made that people want movies, software, books, and music provided free. Forget the musicians, authors, and actors behind these items, many of us (the majority?) want our stuff free and quick. Unfortunately, the rest of life doesn’t fall into line with this ‘convenience is everything’ mentality. Sure, there are a lot of businesses that focus on giving you the speed and convenience you crave, but guess what, these businesses are run like sleek and efficient machines. In other words, they require discipline. And this is the big irony of modern life. On the one hand, we are bombarded by ads that tell us that it is all about us and we should not deny ourselves by having to wait for results. Heck, many ads even tell us, explicitly or between the lines, that even if we don’t deserve something, we need to have it anyway. As consumers, we are reduced to impatient children with increasingly short attention spans. However, as employees, we are expected to fall into line and deliver on schedule. It would be nice if this tension is academic in nature and just something you talk about over a few smokes and beer. No. It’s actually real and dramatically impacts how far you get in life. Your workplace rewards you based on your discipline not how good of a consumer you are. No wonder most people live mediocre lives.
Discipline is the key to success
If you want to succeed in life, you have to have discipline. You have to be able to resist doing the easy and fun stuff and put your nose to the grindstone and tackle the unpleasant stuff head on. Few people can do this. That’s why most people trudge on in anonymous mediocrity while 20 percent of the population go on to control 80 percent of the wealth. The rest will have to content themselves with what is left over. If you don’t want to be part of the 80 percent trying to slice the remaining 20 percent of the pie, you need to get discipline. One way out, ironically enough, is to convert to Islam.
Discipline arises from a principled life
Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in the USA. Its fast spread in prisons and inner city neighborhoods highlight the one element it is able to introduce in the lives of its new believers-discipline. Many people who convert to Islam appreciate its simplicity and focus on discipline. You see, Islam is a faith that believes in black and white. Sin and righteousness. Heaven and Hell. It isn’t taken in by the moral relativistic ‘I am okay, you are okay’ morality that has taken hold of the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, and other developed countries. Islam draws a bright line on the ground and challenges its followers to choose. In a world of instant results and little to no discipline, this might seem like an alien concept. However, the ability to follow one’s principles even if it means foregoing the easy and quick for rewards in the future is the foundation for success. One’s decision to convert to islam is not just a decision to follow Allah but also to develop a new discipline which the modern world rejects but is totally dependent on.